Art begets art and I have recently been inspired by the Oscars, museums, fashion, and my latest clients. Events tend to follow the latest trends in fashion and this is what I am seeing in 2014. Be inspired! 1. The pantone color of the year is Radiant Orchid and I am seeing it everywhere.
2. Big BOLD prints are in.
3. The Oscars highlighted video mapping and we are seeing it at all types of events now.
4. When you create a beautiful environment, your guests will love, "what we call bringing your living room into your event space". Comfortable and chic furniture IS being used in place of typical round tables. Your guests won't want to leave.
6. Floral design this year is bigger and better then ever. Peonies, Patience Roses from France, and of course, Radiant orchids are huge this year.
7. Bold hair embellishments are the hot new commodity for brides and your bridal party.
8. Bringing a cool and intriguing restaurant experience to your wedding dinner is what the best caterers are creating in 2014.
9. Interactive Bars: think tequila and bourbon tasting, make your own margaritas, bloody marys, or espresso bars.
10. Sweet Endings: The ideas truly Are endless. Farewell stations(instead of favors at every place setting), bride and groom send offs and everything from a helicopter to fireworks.
Photography and blog content credits: The Youngrens, Joy Marie Photography , Wildflower linen, Latavola Linen , LUVROX Photography, Rowell Photography, Jim Kennedy Photographers , Room Forty Catering, Sweets Indeed, One and Only Paris Photography, Robin Lin Photography , Candice Cornelius Photography, Conscious Bean, Christopher Todd Photography