As a seasoned wedding planner who has been honored to be part of weddings for more than 10 years, I’ve love to share my Top 10 Moments YOU should have on your Wedding Day.
1) A great breakfast with your wedding party and family. Whether you’re getting your make-up done, or out for a round of golf, don’t forget to eat. It’s going to be a long day!
2) An exchange of card and/or gifts with each other. Nothing feels better when you have a few jitters than when you have the words from your fiancée before the ceremony.
3) A private first look with one another. That moment trumps all others, and will allow you to be completely calm when the ceremony begins. I’ve seen the very best photos of the day coming from that moment.
4) A pre-ceremony toast or prayer with your bridal party. Take a deep breath, raise your glass or bow your head, and take a moment to thank those closest to you.
5) A great LONG walk down the aisle. Look around at your venue, and choose the longest walk possible. You only get to do this once. Why not make it count?
6) THE Kiss. Make it matter. Take your time. Lips are a great thing to be celebrated.
7) Your first dance. Whether you love to dance, or hate to dance, it really doesn’t matter in this moment. Get some dance lessons prior to your wedding, choose a timeless or meaningful song, and relish the moment.
8) Thank you speech to your guests. Take a quick moment to thank your family and friends at your cake cutting. It is a wonderful time to thank those who made your big day possible.
9) Your LAST dance. Breathe. Look around, and take in the last moments of your day.
10) Your send off. Sparklers? Fireworks? Confetti Blast? Motorcycle or Rolls Royce? Honeymoon clothes? Personalize it and make it your own.