What you, my beautiful couples, will learn in your wedding planning process is that there is no such thing as a "Day of Wedding Planner". Let's just take that out of our vocabulary, and "truth it up".
This morning, after two calls about " Do you do Day of Wedding Coordination?", I wanted to share a couple of thoughts:
It's your only wedding, and you will hear advice from everyone in your planning process. RIGHT?
So...You need someone to show up on your wedding day and magically take care of everything, and that is easy when you understand what you'll need.
What you'll need, at any venue, anywhere worldwide, is this:
- An Awesome Wedding Planner that works with various levels of service. Wedding planners are hired as your consultant, and you decide what level of service you would like.
- The essential level of service should have a minimum of two-three meetings with your wedding planner. Most likely, we'll be at your venue walk through and tasting, a detailed timeline planning meeting, and a final detailing meeting.
- Full service planning is like having a wedding "Best Friend".
- You should hire someone who is experienced. Every wedding planner starts somewhere... and it shouldn't be at your wedding. There are two Associations for Wedding planners that educate professionals. http://www.wipausa.org/ and http://bridalassn.com/ and I love learning from both associations.
- Every one of your vendors should have a minimum of Two Million bucks of Liability Insurance. Most venues require it.
- It really is all about F U N and stress relief for you. When you hire true professionals that work together, it will be an awesome experience for you, all the way around.