You’re engaged! Congratulations! First steps, of course, will be to spend time searching for the perfect venue and call a professional wedding planner. Simple advice? Call your wedding planner first, and then search for the perfect venue. When you find the perfect venue, your Catering Manager will be fabulous at providing the following:
- A tour of the venue
- A menu consultant and coordinator for everything related to food and beverage
- Arranging and taking detailed notes at your menu tasting and giving you great advice about menu selections
- Detailing what’s called the BEO (Banquet Event Order) for everyone on staff at your venue
- Creating room layouts and venue designs
- Acting as the liason between venue, wedding planner, and you
- Creating a cost breakdown for your financial commitments to venue
- Providing a staff member to make sure that all venue details are carried out according to the Banquet Event Order
When you hire a Professional Wedding Planner, they will be fabulous at providing the following:
- Assistance and advice with overall budget (venue is typically 50 -65% of total wedding budget
- Tools to help move things along, including a personalized planning checklist for your wedding year and a list of preferred vendors.
- The ability to relax and leave the vendor details to us- communication with your wedding vendors, review your vendor contracts, create a minute-to-minute wedding day timeline for them to follow, as well as specific load-in, load-out instructions.
- Complete orchestration of your wedding rehearsal and a final review with all wedding participants, including the officiant, bridal party and wedding couple.
- A day-of-ceremony and reception packing list so that nothing gets missed
- Reminders and instructions for Wedding Party so that they know exactly what is expected
- Creation of Wedding Ceremony and Wedding Reception timeline
- Providing a wide variety of Vendor Referrals, and many cases, discounts on many local vendors
- Complete oversight of wedding ceremony and reception setup including personal items
- Overall responsibility before, during, and after your wedding for all details
Catering Managers work hand in hand daily with Wedding Planners, and in doing so, we create a perfect environment for your perfect wedding.